BUYER – SENIOR
Perform the sourcing management for assigned commodity, consistent with the target of commodity cost, timing and quality. This role will be the lead negotiation role for mechanical commodities (build to print, fabrication & machine). Candidates must possess strong background in leading contract negotiations and global benchmarking.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Negotiate and maintain commercial terms for supplier rebate and pricing agreements.
• Develop, lead and perform all sourcing activities regarding control/electrical panels.
• Strong experience driving cost savings and efficiency targets through material/service acquisitions for the assigned commodity, by benchmarking as a method for ensuring competitiveness
• Drive the negotiation of commodity-related purchases
• Ensure compliance to corporate sourcing policy and procedures
• Perform the acquisition of materials, products and services, consistent with the target of cost, time and quality.
• Prepare Request for Quotations, solicit bids and analyze quotes
• Negotiation based upon assigned target (Timing, Quality, Prices); coordinate technical alignment and line up
• Prepare recommendations, identify preferred supplier, and submit package for approval in accordance with the sourcing policy.
• Issue Purchasing Order according to the contractual rules and company policies.
• Pursue and negotiate recovery costs
• Responsible for material returns and cancellations
Knowledge & Skills:
• Strong negotiation and coordination skills with internal teams and the suppliers. Able to make reasonable decisions under tough situations
• Knowledge of commercial contract terms and law required; international trade rule is a plus
• Commercial contract and agreement negotiation skills required
• Background in sourcing Industrial/Automotive control and electrical panels is preferred. Technical knowledge a plus.
• Cost analysis & financial knowledge (basic accounting, analytical skills, commodity market pricing, financial reporting)
• Understanding of the product and services portfolio
• Technical background (basic manufacturing processes, interpret prints, commercial component specifications.)
• Logistics knowledge (INCO terms)
• Process knowledge (Purchasing, Material Logistics, Planning, Quality and Manufacturing)
• MS Office, Excel
• Strong sense of self-motivation and responsibility, a good team player
• Strong sense of timing controlling, logic thinking, target approaching
• Continuous Improvement: Identifies and implements ways to make tasks or processes more efficient.
• Teamwork: Collaborates with and supports fellow team members to accomplish overall objectives of the group.
• Time Management: Organizes and plans their work so they may complete tasks effectively and on a timely basis.
• To be an “internal point of reference”: Considered a “subject matter” expert willing to provide knowledge to support others.
• Responsible: Holds themselves and others accountable to carry forward an assignment to successful completion.
• Customer Oriented: Listens to the needs of the customer (internal / external) and responds in a timely and concise manner
• Education: Bachelors Degree preferred
• Previous experiences: 3 to 5+ years of related Buyer experience desired
• Languages: Minimum English knowledge spoken and written preferre