Works integrally with plant personnel in the repair and maintenance of mechanical, hydraulic and electrical/electronic components of industrial machinery. Will also maintain facility systems and install new equipment by performing the listed duties.
• Maintains machinery and equipment systems and related hydraulic, pneumatic & electrical equipment. Repairs and replaces components, gauges, valves, regulators and related equipment as appropriate.
• Diagnoses malfunctioning equipment through testing/troubleshooting and replaces defective components. These components include faulty mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and pneumatic components of machines and equipment.
• Realigns and adjusts machine/facility components.
•Must be able to understand and interpret electrical, electronic schematics, flow-charts, statement lists and associated documentation.
• Must be able to read and interpret machine schematics.
• Maintain open door communication and promote issue free environment.
• Should be familiar with Allen-Bradley, Siemens, and various PLC platforms and software. Understands AC and DC motor drives and related software.
• Cleans, lubricates and inspects machinery and equipment according to the preventative Maintenance procedure. Actively supports and provides training in elements of the Preventative Maintenance Program.
• Connects newly installed machines and equipment to all necessary electrical , mechanical and pneumatic systems. Machines installed will include items such as robots, conveyors, machines, etc.
• Assists riggers or in-plant personnel with new machine installation and existing machinery moves.
• Maintains building in a safe, clean and orderly condition inside and outside. Performs minor and routine painting, plumbing, electrical wiring, snow removal, and other related maintenance activities.
• Tends furnace, air conditioning, compressor, and other plant systems to maintain safe and efficient environmental conditions.
• Fabricates and repairs wooden / metal structures.
• Experience working with roundtables.
• Understands the Spill Prevention Pollution Plant (SPPP). Storm Water Spill Prevention and Pollution (SWPP)
• Understands Safety Contractor Agreement procedures.
• Understands Waste Manifest Procedure.
• Knowledgeable of MSDS.
• Other Duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Strong interpersonal, facilitation and organizational Skills.
• Ability to prioritize and schedule daily tasks
• Ability to interface with cross-functional teams and all levels of personnel and management
• Associate’s degree (AA/AS) from a college or technical school and/or eight years related experience and training or equivalent work experience.
Preferred Skills and experience:
• Previous experience in Manufacturing
• Experience operating a Fork Lift
• Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook