• Troubleshoot, maintain, and repair production equipment for a safe and productive work environment.
• Provide sound technical support to ensure equipment is in a constant state of readiness.
• Support production area by performing maintenance, documenting procedures, and training associates.
• Perform and document results of preventative maintenance on machines to maintain safety and increase uptime.
• Analyze machine/equipment malfunctions, make corrections/repairs per safety and coded regulations. Document all repairs and changes. Use mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical schematics to troubleshoot and improve machines/equipment.
• Train/educate Production Associates on routine PMs, routine troubleshooting, etc. on a day to day basis.
• Assist Production Associates as required for process improvements, changes, etc.
• Perform preventive maintenance on machines to maintain safety and increase uptime.
• Setup and operate CNC Machine Centers, Plastic Injection Machines, Welding Equipment and automated assembly equipment. This includes machine setup, fixture repair, tool adjustments and parameter adjustments necessary to produce parts to print.
• Utilize overhead hoists as needed
• Complete hourly/daily documentation as required per work area
• Operate forklifts, as needed
• Support SFM (Shop Floor Management)
• Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, formal training, reviewing professional publications, establishing and expanding professional networks, and participating in professional societies.
• Other duties as assigned by your immediate supervisor or department manager
• Understand and comply wit TS16949, OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001, and OSHA requirements and all state and local applicable laws
• Actively participate in Safety Activities and Investigations
• Actively participate in meetings and training courses
• Use PPE as required in specific work areas
• Ability to train other associates in assigned work areas
• Ability to communicate with associates, supervisors, technicians and managers
• Basic computer skills
• Complete required documentaion
• Perform other duties as related to this specific position
• Comply with all Corporate, Regional, and local HR policies/guidelines, Group Directives and Group Procedures that are applicable to your position.
• Adhere to Suspect Material and Containment Procedure (W150-04)
* For a more specific version of the essential duties, see the Functional Job Analysis (FJA) for this position.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Work within MS Window environments including MS Word, MS Excel and other Windows based machine specific applications.
• CNC Operation and Setup experience
• Call-In availability to meet customer production requirements.
• Understanding of CNC programming
• Previous machine set-up experience
• High School Diploma or GED; SME SMfT Technology (Certified Manufacturing Technology) Certificate or equivalent work experience
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Associates in a related field
• Ability to use a PLC and understand ladder logic
• Ability to use and understand electronic drive controls