The Maintenance Technician position is responsible for performing diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain production equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes.
ESSENTIAL ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist Production Team in the following areas;
• Check equipment regularly to ensure normal operating activity.
• Monitor data from measuring devices.
• Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production.
• Perform preventive maintenance duties according to PM schedule.
• Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
• Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production equipment.
• Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments according to equipment manuals and work instructions.
• Ensure work is completed in a safe manner and maintain a safe work environment.
• Other tasks as assigned.
• High school diploma / GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience
• 5+ years of manufacturing experience; strong, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills with some PLC and HVAC experience.
• Knowledgeable in MS Office applications; Excel and Word.
• Knowledgeable in mechanical and electrical disciplines.
• Fabrication (Mill, lathe…) and welding experience is a plus.
• Knowledgeable in a variety of hand / power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment.
• Ability to read blue prints and electrical schematics.
• Ability to work in a cross functional environment with Operations, Engineering and Quality.
• Must possess good interpersonal (both written and verbal) and communication skills in order to develop / maintain productive relationships with both internal and external contacts; team oriented.
• Must be available to work flexible work hours.
• Work may require: lifting, climbing ladders, assembling / disassembling large and small mechanical, hydraulic or electrical part assemblies and components.
• Ability to stand, walk, carry light objects, handle or feel parts, reach with hands and arms is required