The Maintenance Technician position is responsible for performing diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain production equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes.
This is a 3rd shift opportunity
ESSENTIAL ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist Production Team in the following areas;
• Check equipment regularly to ensure normal operating activity.
• Monitor data from measuring devices.
• Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production.
• Perform preventive maintenance duties according to PM schedule.
• Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
• Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production equipment.
• Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments according to equipment manuals and work instructions.
• Ensure work is completed in a safe manner and maintain a safe work environment.
• Other tasks as assigned.
• High school diploma / GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience
• 5+ years of manufacturing experience; strong, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills with some PLC and HVAC experience.
• Knowledgeable in MS Office applications; Excel and Word.
• Knowledgeable in mechanical and electrical disciplines.
• Fabrication (Mill, lathe…) and welding experience is a plus.
• Knowledgeable in a variety of hand / power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment.
• Ability to read blue prints and electrical schematics.
• Ability to work in a cross functional environment with Operations, Engineering and Quality.
• Must possess good interpersonal (both written and verbal) and communication skills in order to develop / maintain productive relationships with both internal and external contacts; team oriented.
• Must be available to work flexible work hours.
• Work may require: lifting, climbing ladders, assembling / disassembling large and small mechanical, hydraulic or electrical part assemblies and components.
• Ability to stand, walk, carry light objects, handle or feel parts, reach with hands and arms is required